Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas Mini and Monthly Mini recap

One last finish for 2015!

Even though this was finished after Christmas, I'm keeping it up until I take my Christmas tree down next week.


It's just so cute! The tree and part of the outer border is actually made out of the extra fabric from my Blitzen Basketcase quilt. While I was initially thinking I didn't use enough red, I think the very red border helps balance out the green-ness of it.

I quilted each section with a different filler pattern: the tree pot is bricks, the tree itself is overlapping wavy lines, the star is an echo star, and the background is a meander that alternates between swirls and stars. I did all of the quilting with off-white thread.




For the binding I used a red tonal print that I had in my stash that was already cut into strips (I think it was a left over from one of my mom's projects that I commandeered the scraps from) and used a decorative stitch to do the final tacking down.

The backing is a fabric I bought in the Joann's clearance remnant bin YEARS AND YEARS AGO. And it was perfect for this project! The pockets are from an old Denyse Schmidt line that I still seem to have a whole pile of in my scrap bin.



So here are all of my wall hangings that are done:


I think that is pretty good progress on these considering how many quilts I finished this year!

Happy 2016!

4 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for wanting to leave this sweet mini hanging around! It's so festive! What a wonderful idea to make a mini for all the seasons. Happy 2016 to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all your monthly quilts together! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas tree quilt turned out beautifully! You did well on all your monthly wall hangings. Working and quilting aren't always compatible. Have a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute wall hanging! And wow, that's just a great thing to be making a wall-hanging for every month of the year. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!