Monday, February 29, 2016

It's coming... 2016 LBQ Mystery Quilt!

HAPPY LEAP DAY!

I'm excited to announce that in March I will be kicking off my fourth QAL! A long while back, I asked you readers what you liked in a QAL -- and there was a lot of interest in mystery quilts as well as paper piecing. I did the most reasonable thing and came up with a completely paper pieced mystery quilt!


This is going to be short and simple -- there are only three different blocks in the quilt! Directions will typically be posted the first Tuesday of each month other than in March when we discuss yardage and fabric selection.

Here's the tentative schedule:
March 8: Yardage requirement and fabric selection suggestions
April 5: Block A Directions
May 3: Block B Directions
June 7: Block C Directions
July 5: Putting it all together
August 2: Finished Quilt Parade

This quilt along is going to be short and simple -- there are only three different blocks we will be making for this quilt. There will be three different quilt sizes addressed in the quilt along (baby, throw, and twin) and I am planning to have a queen size option added by the time the full pattern is released. Additionally, this QAL will end before the summer is over, so it won't be a long term commitment to participate!

If you are a beginning paper piecer, this is going to be a great way to practice your foundation paper piecing skills as the blocks are very simple and decently sized. We'll be doing basic shapes and units and I'll be giving lots of tips and tricks on all aspects of paper piecing.

Are you ready to join in? Start eyeing those stashes -- the fabric requirements and fabric choice suggestions will be up next week on Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. I would just like to say to newbie paper piecing, I learnt a couple of years ago by doing the Starburst quilt from Little Bunny Quilts. The instructions and tips are brilliantly clear, well lets say I understood them and I am a slow learner. Have a go you'll be so pleased you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fun project. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. Can't wait to see what the fabric requirements are so I can start digging thru the stash. Rina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound fun.I love paper piecing projects and hope to do any of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as if I have not enuogh on my plate then you come along with this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unable to locate the parade, am anxious to see everyone's versions of this pattern

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!