Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Traveling Quilt Bee: Month #1

A few months back I signed up to be a part of the Traveling Quilt Bee on Instagram -- last month I showed off my center block and this month is the first month of working on a quilt for someone else!

This month I am working on Rheannon's quilt -- she is looking for a whimsical garden quilt. Here's the medallion she sent me:


Isn't this just so fun and gorgeous?!?! I thought the best thing to do would be to add on things you might find in a farm or garden.

Here are my finished sections added to her center section:


On the right side, I added a peach tree and an apple tree. These are paper piecing patterns from an old issue of Quiltmaker magazine. On the left side, I added some root veggies, patterns also from Quiltmaker, and two modern butterflies.

I am excited to see where this goes! Here's what Lee will be adding to my quilt:


She made a variety of fun blocks in two different sizes and it is exactly what I am looking for!



2 comments:

  1. What great additions to Rheannon's quilt; those trees are amazing and I love the root veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun additions to both quilts. Your trees really capture the feel and look of the center block.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!