Monday, November 6, 2017

Magnolia Mystery QAL {Flower Blocks}

A new month means that there are new directions for the Magnolia Mystery Quilt! This month, we are making blocks out of the units we had made in September and October!

This month we made 32 full flower blocks and 8 half flower blocks. Cheryl gave some helpful tips for those of us who are making scrappy versions of the quilt which were great! 

First, I made the sets including half blocks. Each set has one right-facing half block, one left-facing half block, and one full block all with the same blue fabric. 


For the remainder of the full flower blocks, I made them in sets of four. In total, I used seven different blue fabrics and five different red fabrics in my blocks. The green fabric is the same throughout.


Given that we've made half blocks, I think that our quilt will end up on point, but I'm still unsure how everything will come together! We'll also be doing more cutting in a later month, so we'll see where that takes us!


7 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great, Alison, and I love how the scrappy is coming together. I'm definitely eager to make my blocks this month... we'll see if I can do them any earlier than last month, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors, I'm anxious to see the whole quilt;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alison,
    Oooh, I love where this is going so far. I really like the different blue shades - one looks more green, and all they all look great with the gray and red. I can't wait to see how this comes together. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you were fast on that clue! Cheryl did give great instructions, I went controlled scrappy on one of my fabrics too and she made it easy to work those in. Your flowers turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very fun block and yours turned out beautiful! I can't wait to see how this all comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous. I like the variety of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower units are beautiful, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I try to respond to all comments and if I am not responding to you, your settings probably prevent me from responding to you via email -- meaning, that you are a no-reply blogger. Please check your settings so that I can properly respond to you!